Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Life Lately

 
//clouds going on for miles//


The past couple weeks have been good. We had a brief period of sunshine, and now it is mostly just pouring rain. All day. I have been enjoying the time by cooking hot food, adventuring with my friends, riding my bike, working out, and just trying to be productive - though sometimes that is a losing battle. Overall, though, I enjoyed June. It was a good month.

Excited about... 
Getting my car fixed. I love biking the two miles two and from work, but, honestly, biking in the pouring rain is terrible. And now that I have my car fixed, I can do things like grocery shop, visit people, and drive home and to rehearsals. 


Even more excited about...
Wedding season! There are 3 weddings in my immediate close friend group this summer and I am so excited for all of them. This is the first time I have been able to go to my friends' weddings, and really the first large amount of friends who are getting married. I get to be all grown up and go to bridal  showers, bachelorette parties, and the ceremonies themselves, and I am just so happy for all these people I love.

Nervous about... 
IRTY camps. This week is actually the first camp I have ever lead myself, and it's going well. It's a little nerve wracking to be in charge of lesson plans, crafts, and games, and to be doing the prep work. But it is preparing me for The Merry Wives of Windsor camp, and in that one I actually have to prepare kids to go onstage in a professional show.  But I do love it, and children's theatre is definitely a job I would like to keep doing.


















 //playing Shark Attack during drama camp//  fresh and clean summertime look//


Looking forward to...
Starting some musicals! Also, before those rehearsals get started, I am taking a mini-break home for a week or so, give or take a few day and I am excited to go, spend some time with my family, explore around beautiful North Idaho. I'm just looking forward to spending some time with my family, if only for a little bit.

Reading...
As always, quite a few things. Rereading Peter Pan, started The Game of Thrones, and The Diviners by Libba Bray. I loved her Great and Terrible Beauty Trilogy, and when I found the new book, this one set in 20's New York, in a thrift store for .99,  I needed to buy it. And I really like it. It's taking me a long time to read, given that it quite hefty - too big to pack in my purse and read on the elliptical - but I do like it and recommend it if you enjoy witty, fast paced fiction. As a fiction writer myself, I love to read, read, read books in my genre. I love to examine their writing style and their favorite plot devices, and I think it is the best way to become a better writer. 


















 
//books// walking during the brief respite from the rain// obsessed with this show//
 
Watching... 
 Hannibal. Holy smokes. Watch this show - only don't if you are not a fan of the horror genre. It is bloody and graphic, but it is masterfully written and extraordinarily well acted. Hugh Dancy and Mads Mikkelsen are incredible in it, making their characters real and riveting. Mikkelsen makes Hannibal a convincing and suave villain without making the police seem like morons. Obsessed.



Making... 
 an effort to get into really good shape. And let me tell you, it has been a challenge. I feel like more of a challenge than it is supposed to be. Cutting and counting calories, keeping a food and workout journal, and then spending 2 hours a day working out to zero results, except for more weight gain, is really defeating and I am running out of new ideas for it. But I just keep plugging along. I have an unrealistic terror of getting to Sound of Music rehearsal, having to do the waltz lift with Rolf, and him not being able to lift me or hurting himself because I am too heavy. 



















//Singin' in the rain // holy curls, Batman!! this is what the humidity does to my hair//

Love,

Chloé