Thursday, July 4, 2013

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July, everyone! Anyone have any exciting plans for the 4th? 

I took a mini-break home, to spend this holiday with my family, and we followed tradition. We went to my very small town's parade and later tonight, we will head to the fireworks. My town always has a decent display so it should be a good time. 

Let's just talk about this heat! Crazy how it hit so suddenly, but it is much cooler up in Bonners than it is in Moscow. Moscow hit about 100 degrees last week with an insane amount of humidity - my curly haired friends and I had a real problem with that. But in all seriousness, it humid to the point that breathing was hard and, after getting out the shower, you'd dry off and by the time you get to your feet, you were soaked again. 

It was gross and I am relieved to not spending a couple days there. 

 What Am I Reading Right Now... 
   The Fast Metabolism Diet by Haylie Pomroy. It's interesting and so far the diet is working alright. The concept is that chronic dieting really screws with your metabolism and makes dieting impossible. You start a new diet and your body goes into survival mode. She makes the acronym D.I.E.T. "Did I Eat Today" and presents three phases to losing weight and repairing your metabolism and apparently people can lose 20 pounds in the 4 week program (my mom did, so I am checking it out). It's very conversational and an easy read. So if weight loss has ever been a problem for you, I encourage you to check it out.

Happy 4th, all!

Love, 
Chloé