Thursday, October 10, 2013

Is it: Warm? Comfy? Cute? Or "olive" the above?


Another fashion post! I promised to be better about writing these (Ashley!) so I wanted to get this one out there too! I really liked this outfit, like a lot. I felt cute and fairly pretty.

I'm going to share a little secret.

Ready? Here we go.

Sometimes putting together outfits is really hard. I have been lusting after these pants for months. Literally. And then finally they were on sale and in my size, so I snatched them up. And then I got them home and thought, "What on earth am I going to wear with these?"

So I turned to my favorite online toy. Pinterest. I have a whole board called "How to Wear This? Inspire me!" And that is where I put ideas for mint jeans, white dresses, red leopard print dresses... anything that might be tricky to style on a whim or that I just want to spice up the look of. And that board is massive. There are so many pins on it of hundreds of different ideas and looks.

So that's my dirty little secret.

I also plan outfits out in advance. One - it is helpful since I am so busy. It's nice to know what I am wearing, to set it out the night before, and to just put it on in the morning. No matter how late I am, if I have my clothes and jewelry set out, I can always have the illusion of being prepared. Two - it helps keep me awake in geology after a late rehearsal night and an early morning. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

So yes. I paired olive green with navy blue with this outfit. I also pinned my scarf with this gorgeous ornate turtle brooch.


I got this pin at the funeral of one of the wonderful older ladies from the church I grew up. She loved turtles and she had a massive collection of turtle things and knick knacks, and she wanted everyone to take an item or two to remember her by. So, I love this pin and I love to wear it.

My little brother got me this scarf for Christmas a few years ago. He has good taste.

I got my sweater from the little boys' section of Goodwill for $1. So that was a GREAT find. It is wool and has this cute understated cowl neck.

Olive jeans are great for fall weather. In my pictures, I am wearing my knee high black boots (from Target), though about halfway through the day I switched to leopard print flats (also from Target). It wasn't pouring rain that afternoon and I want to get as much mileage out of my flats before it starts to snow and rain for six months.



Cheers!

Love,

Chl